Latest Posts

Loading...

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Appeal of the Chairperson, Women Sub-Committee, AIPEU, Gr.-C, Bhubaneswar Division

My Dear Comrades,
            Best wishes to you all. I am heartily thankful to you all for selecting me as the Chairperson of the Women Sub Committee constituted this time in the 8th Biennial Conference of All India Postal Employees Union, Group-C, Bhubaneswar Division held at the Institution of Engineers, Odisha State Centre, Bhubaneswar – 751 001 from 12th to 13th April, 2014.
            It is a historical step on the part of the union to constitute a women wing to extend co-operation and justice to the women employees working in the Dept of Posts under Bhubaneswar Division.
            Time has travelled a long since I have joined this Dept. in 1990. At that time, I was the only lady employee in Rourkela HO under Sundargarh Division which has 56 SOs under it. As a single lady employee, I had to face so many problems to discharge my duty. But regretfully, I couldn’t discuss it with my co-workers too. I was under mental stress and felt my-self apart from the crowd. I was not free with my co-workers and they too couldn’t help me unless I   asked for the same. There was a dilemma in my mind and I suffered a lot. Lastly,  I  decided to quit the job for this reason. But thankfully,  my then Divisional Secretary, AIPEU, Group-C, Sundargarh Division Mr .P K  Giri counseled me a lot and advised me not to quit the job for such a silly reason. And till now, I’m in this Dept.
            1990 to 2014 is a long run travel .With time, things have changed a lot. Now, there is heavy rush of women employees to the Department  every year in comparison to  male employees. Their number is increasing day by day in the Dept . So a platform is very much required for redressal of women issues.
            Now question arises why at all we need another platform? 
People born female or male,  learn to be girls and boys who grow into women and men. This behavior makes up gender identities and  determine societal ascribed gender roles. In this context, female and male may be equal intellectually. But they are physically, mentally and socially different from their counterparts. Female have their own problems, preferences, needs and naggings. Male can’t   understand this and also female can’t discuss it with them. In this regard a separate platform is very much essential to sought out these issues, discuss over it, make the resolutions and work out the solution. 
            So, we should be thankful to the All India Postal Employees Union, group-C, Bhubaneswar Divisional branch at large for such a historic step to constitute a separate platform which will work for the women postal employees of this Bhubaneswar Division under the umbrella a militant organization in the name of National Federation of Postal Employees.
            As the selected Chairperson of the Women Sub-Committee, I would like to request all the women employees to take active part in the union activities. Let us join hands for our betterment,  for the  betterment of  our  Union/Federation /Confederation, our Department, society and the nation as a whole.
            I would like to say here that a woman employee, before being an employee  is a  daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a daughter-in–law  and she also plays  such many other roles. Each role has its own identity and responsibility which   can’t be denied / avoided. She is a home-maker so also an employee. In this context, sometimes she fails to do justice to her work in the work-place and seek cooperation from others in the work-place. I sincerely request my male colleagues to extend their cooperation to carry out the work smoothly. Because, together we can make a prospering Department.
            Lastly I can only appeal to all my comrades, let’s work together and prosper together. Togetherness is the only key to prosperity.
            Thanking you all.
                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                   Fraternally yours,
                                                                                                                   Nandita Mohanty 
Chairperson
Women Sub Committee
AIPEU, Gr.-C, Bhubaneswar Division
                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment