Latest Posts

Loading...

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How to think positive and improve your life

Most of us do no have the perfect job or the perfect life that we have dreamt of living in the big city.
Hence, to pull through the day and do your best at your make-do job, you need to be motivated and encouraged to think positively. A lot can be achieved if you are an optimist, ask the big dreamers who believed and put their heart and soul in achieving their dreams. We give you the top 5 mantras for positive thinking.

Learning and growing: To begin our journey, we asked Life Coach, Malti Bhojwani, about her mantras for getting through life's difficult moments. She talks about one of her role models, Oprah Winfrey, and her mantra - Live your Best Life, "I love Oprah Winfrey, she has inspired me for decades and even more so when I chose the path of personal development and became a life coach."

Malti says, "To Live your Best Life is to: Be more splendid, more extraordinary. Use every moment to fill yourself up, use what you already have to move towards being better, to evolving and growing your life."

To feel empowered: Empowering yourself involves positive thoughts and self-belief. Malti speaks highly of Helen Reddy's song - I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman, "She's Australian and her song though was popular since it came out in 1975, but then it was revived when Samantha, Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda performed it in the 2nd Sex And The City movie."

She says "Whenever you feel like you are unsure about doing something, try singing this in your head or out loud, if I had to, I can do anything, 'I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman'."

Replace negativity: When problems are thrown at us, pessimism automatically creeps in. We feel the problem is too overwhelming for us to solve and often go into depression.

In her upcoming book Don't Think of a Blue Ball, in the chapter on "replacing negativity," Malti writes, "Your self-talk means well, it just needs to be trained to use language effectively to help you manifest your desires instead of perpetuating your current results.

Not entertaining the negative chatter is great, but it is impossible to do unless you give yourself new scripts. You need to become like a sentry or watchman of your chatter and notice each disempowering one when they come up and then replace them with empowering ones. If I asked you now, 'whatever you do, DO NOT think of a blue ball,' what is the image you conjured up in your head? A blue ball! You cannot not think of something, without first thinking of it. Can you?

So as Mike Dooley says, Thoughts become Things, choose the good ones."

Combat stage fright or cold feet: Most of us feel tongue tied in front of an audience; we choke and the embarrassment is just too much to handle. Here, Malti gives us her secret, "My personal mantra when fearful or nervous 'Oh What The *#@+, go for it anyway'. I learnt this at a personal development intensive program I did many years ago, when I was younger, and it felt OK to swear when "pumped" up...now I say "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh what the heck, go for it anyway" and then chant it as I go for it. I often teach this to my clients and when I start it sounds like I'm about to say Om, so it is quite funny."

Perseverance: Obama believed in Yes We can, so did millions of Americans; this positive attitude made him the first African American President. But does perseverance simply mean that you think you can, or that you persist and keep trying till you do?

Bhojwani's mantra is, "I can and I will - I am not sure who coined this mantra, but I like this one for when I need to be focused and keep at a job or a practice to achieve a very specific goal.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.- Henry Ford

Saying 'I can' gives you the belief that you are capable and saying you will affirms that you have the desire to do it. Combined this is a super-powerful mantra to support you in shooting your target just like a archer on the battlefield, no matter that chaos is going on around him."
Source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment